Only it didn't. Because it hadn't actually started.
A quick rummage through the mound of post and the Rugby Observer article explained why:
That car must've had quite a dent in it to have caused a decent chunk of the wall to cave in. I felt a bit miffed for almost half a second, before the crazy little grassroots artistic activist in me kicked in. Because we've been here before. It's how lovelevenshulme got started, it's how I got into doctoring Grand Theft Auto IV posters in bus shelters (ahh yes, redemptive subvertising I called it back then.) It's all Shane Claiborne's fault really. And Banksy. But mostly I put it down to the Holy Spirit showing me that there's often a dimension of prophetic declaration in a particular location, of putting a marker down that says to the enemy: Hands off, this is God's patch.
Here's another bit of timing. Miriam and Theo were out at the children's work at BEC Cawston, and they were finding out about Joshua and Jericho. Which is at least a little bit about crumbling walls and declaration and offbeat ways of getting God's things done. So when we got back, we got creative, making posters for the security barriers that said things like... well, I'll put some photos up, it'll be quicker.
I guess it's also a nudge for me to get out prayer walking the local facilities more.
No comments:
Post a Comment